In your syllabus, you may tell students how their grades will be weighted, as in the following example:
|Disruptive Technology Report||20%|
|Final Paper Outline||10%|
|Final Paper Draft Completed||10%|
You can configure your Gradebook in Moodle to calculate these weights for you automatically. Indeed, the matter of assigning weights in the Gradebook is confusing to many faculty, but it can be fairly simple if you follow a few steps:
- Click on Grades in the This Course link, located at the top of the course (you may also access this under the Administration block).
- Select the Setup tab from the top menu; you should automatically see the Categories and Items tab.
3. Be sure each assignment (discussion grade, homework set, test) is placed in the right Category:
4. Set the “Aggregation Method” for your course to “Weighted mean of grades” by first clicking on Edit, then choose Edit Settings from the drop-down menu:
5. Assign weights to each Category to match your Syllabus: