Before the course goes live, here are some things to check:
- Syllabus: Make sure the syllabus in the course is using the most recent syllabus template and it is updated for the correct term. Find the Syllabus Templates (Undergraduate, School of Education and Graduate) under the Quick Links for Planning on the Faculty Center course planning page.
- Gradebook: Make sure the gradebook has been copied correctly and it is consistent with the syllabus' grading criteria.
- Term References: Make sure you have all references to the old term (for example Fall) changed to the new term (for example Winter).
- Due Dates: Make sure you have changed all assignment due dates from the old term to the new term. See below for a quick way to check all dates.
- Email: Make sure you have set up/configured your Go.Granite email found in the Instructor block.
- Student's view: Check the view of your course from a student's perspective: Go to your User Menu (upper navigation, next to your profile picture) and select "Switch role to... student". This is an excellent way to make sure your content is available, links are working, and your course is organized in a helpful way.
Here’s a quick way to tell whether the assignment dates are old ones or not.
Go to the Activities Block and select Assignments, as below:
View the due dates and make sure they are correct, as below:
Here’s how you edit the due date, if necessary:
In the main moodle course page, make sure editing is on. Find the name of the assignment and click the update icon. Scroll down until you see the due date and set it correctly. Don’t forget to set the time due as well.
Save the changes.