Forum Subscription Settings
When a user is subscribed to a forum it means that they will receive notification of each new posting via popup and/or email, depending on the user’s personal messaging preferences. (Note users are notified of new posts 30 minutes after the author posts them to the discussion board.)
You can manage subscription preferences
- at the site level which will apply your preferences across all courses; and
- at the course level which will apply to individual forums within a course.
Forum Preferences at the Site Level
Forum Preferences at the Course Level
You can determine whether you want to subscribe to each individual forum within a course based on the options selected by the instructor when setting up the forums.
To view all the forum subscription settings select “Forums” from the Activities block.
At the General Forums panel, you will find a list of all of the forums that are available to you in your course with subscription options for each one.
- You can subscribe or unsubscribe to ALL forums using the designated link.
- You can chose different options for each forum. You will find a Yes or No button under the Subscribed option. You can switch from Yes to No or vice versa by clicking on the button. If you do not find a Yes/No button, it means that the instructor has set it to a forced subscription.
- If you have subscribed to the forum, you can chose how you want to receive the posts: individually, as a digest with subject lines only, or as a digest with full text.