How to Submit a Paper
To submit a Turnitin assignment paper:
1. The user must be logged into Moodle (eLearning+).
2. Click on the Turnitin Assignment submission link.
3. A submissions page will open. Click on the Submit Paper icon.
4. To upload your assignment paper:
a. Type in the title of your paper in the Submission Title field.
b. Either click the upload File paper+ icon to upload the file or drag and drop your File to Submit. A status bar will appear displaying the upload progress.
c. Read and check off the Academic Honesty Policy box.
d. Click the Add Submission button.
5. After your paper uploads, you will receive a Digital receipt stating you have successfully submitted a paper.
6. Close the Digital receipt box by clicking on the X in the top right hand corner of the receipt.
Note: Turnitin File Types and Sizes
Turnitin accepts the following file types and sizes for upload into an assignment:
- Microsoft Word™ (DOC and DOCX)
- Corel WordPerfect®
- Adobe PostScript®
- Plain text (TXT)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX, and PPS)
- Hangul (HWP)
The following image file types can be displayed and rendered in Turnitin:
Important: The file size may not exceed 20MB. Files of larger size may be reduced in size by removal of non-text content or the instructor may be contacted to request multiple assignments to submit the document in sections. Text only files may not exceed 2 MB.
Tip: When converting a file to a new file format, users should rename their file with a name other than that of the original file. This is suggested to prevent permanent loss of the original formatting of a file due to it being overwritten.
If you wish to learn how to view your Turnitin Originality Check Report, click here to watch the overview video.