Step 1: Launch Microsoft Teams via Office 365
Important! If you have more than one Microsoft account (such as one you use for work), you must log out of that system first before you proceed.
- All students have free access to Office 365 apps including Teams.
- Go to https://outlook.com/go.granite.edu.
- Log in with your Granite State College username and password.
- Click the “waffle” button next to the Outlook logo to display more apps.
Step 2: Click the Teams button to launch Teams
- Click the Teams app button. The Web-based version of Teams will launch.
Step 3: Access the Teams in your account
- Your instructor will have added you to a Team in advance.
- You will see it listed in the Teams section.
- Double-click the Team icon to enter.
Step 4: Locate your Channel. This is your class group.
Step 5: Explore the various features of your Channel
Note: You will need access to a webcam and microphone to participate in video chat sessions.
- Use the Posts tool for text chat. You can include text, links, and images.
- Use the Files tool to upload and share files.
- Use the Video tool to start a video chat meeting.
- Start a chat by clicking on the New Conversation button.
- Use the Calendar to schedule meetings with other Members.
Step 6: Explore the Calendar feature for setting up meetings
- Use the Meet Now button to start a video chat. See the next page for setup details.
- Schedule a meeting, Add attendees, set date/time/recurring, and details.
- Click anywhere on the Calendar to schedule a meeting.
Step 7: Set your computer/device for video chat
- Your microphone will be off by default. Click the Computer Audio button and click the mic to activate it.
- Your webcam will be off by default. Click this button to turn it on.
- Once you have selected a video and audio input, click Join Now to begin the video chat meeting.
Optional: Install the Teams app on your smartphone
- Sign in with your go.granite.edu email account. Then enter your username and password.
- Tap the Teams icon at the bottom. You will see your Teams and Channels