Your profile contains information that you choose to share with other users on GSC's Moodle. Individuals can click on your name in a course to access your profile.
Until you add information to your profile, the only things that are visible to other users are: your name and your Go.Granite email address if they are in the same course as you.
You can add additional information and a picture to your profile if you choose. To edit your Profile Page:
1) Go to the Account Settings found in the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper right of the screen. Then, select Profile.
2) In the next screen under User details, select the edit profile link.
- Your will find several options for updating and adding information about yourself including: General, User picture, Additional Names, Interests, Optional and Other fields. To display each of the options, click on the option name. Or select the Expand all option to the right.
- First Name: can be modified if you have a preferred nickname.
- Last Name: cannot be modified.
- Email: cannot be modified however you may choose who can see it. The default is to only display it to class members (recommended).
- User Picture: it is recommended to add a picture of yourself to create your online persona and to make name recognition easier.
Please note that personal information that you add about yourself will be available to all other users logged onto GSC's Moodle site so limit it to information that you wish to share with the GSC community.
3) After you are done, select the "Update profile" button to save your edits. If you wish to modify your preferences, return to the Account Settings and select Preferences. See the Account Preferences page for additional information.
Summary of Recommended Profile Page Settings:
- First name*: You may edit this.
- Surname*: This may not be edited.
- Email address*: The email address used in Moodle is your go.granite.edu email address. Important: this email address will be your official GSC address. For more information select Go.Granite.Email from the top menu bar.
- Email display: Allow only other course members to see my email address.
- City/town and Select a country: Add location if you wish to share
- Preferred Language: English - United States (en_us)
Optional: There are other fields you may fill in on the bottom of the Profile Page that are optional such as inserting a user picture, list of your interests, webpage, phone, etc. Be sure to use good judgment in sharing your personal information. You can view more information and details from Moodle.org.