Here are a few things to look forward to!
- There are four new quiz questions types.
- Improvement to Forum Discussions:
- Improved Text Editor:
The Atto editor provides the features you're familiar with, plus a few new ones, including quick checks for accessibility and drag and drop image uploads. In this upgrade you will see improvements to the way you can display tables and equations.
- In-place-editing in many places (Coming very soon!)
- Options for editing, highlighting, hiding and deleting sections are now combined into one action menu streamlining the course page and simplifying the editing process. See this documentation for editing sections.
- Section titles can be changed without leaving the page, speeding up your course creation. Just use the pencil icon to the right of the title.
- Grading Assignments
- Grading Assignment submissions has gotten smoother with all elements on one screen and the ability to annotate over student submissions of different file types.
- Download of selected assignments is now possible. - Select which assignments you want to download for offline viewing from a new option in the menu.
- A new File setting allows teachers to display the date a file resource was uploaded or changed, giving students a better user experience.
- Bulk download files in a zipped folder are allowed for all users. See documentation for using zipped folders.
- Deleted content (Wow!)
- The Recycle Bin allows teachers to retrieve course elements they have mistakenly deleted up to 7 days after the fact.
- It also allows those with relevant category permissions to restore deleted courses.
- All users can delete their own messages.
- Users can message others more efficiently since the Message button is now next to the user's picture, making it much easier to send messages.
- Other New Features
There are many more features with the new version of Moodle. For more information, click on the links to see: