Moodle Technical Requirements
- A computer running a current operating system (for example: Windows: Windows 7+ or Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.7+)
- Access to the Internet. DSL or Broadband access is recommended.
- An up-to-date browser with Cookies enabled. Note: Firefox is the recommended browser for use with eLearning+ (GSC’s Moodle learning management system.) See Browser Settings for specific web browser compatibility information.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Word processing software is needed to complete and submit some assignments. Current GSC Students can install Microsoft Office for free from their Go.Granite email login. See the instructions at Office 365 Download and Installation Guide.
- Some courses will require specific software, hardware, plugins or applications. See course syllabus for details. If so, you will typically see a message asking if you want to install the needed software (ex: Java, Flash, Shockwave Player, Windows Media Player, etc.).
- Once enrolled, every student receives a Go.Granite email account. Important communications within your online course will be sent to your Go.Granite email. You can choose to forward these messages to your preferred email account.
Basic Computer Skills Needed:
- Saving and finding files and folders on a computer;
- Copying/cutting and pasting text;
- Using a word processing application, such as Microsoft Word;
- Attaching and uploading documents and assignments;
- Sending and receiving email;
- Using a supported web browser to access your course and other online resources on the Web.