Moodle Technical Requirements
The college is currently using Moodle version 3.5. The following are the minimum requirements.
- A computer running a current operating system (for example: Windows: Windows 10 or Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.7+) If you are using a Chromebook, please review this information carefully.
- Access to the Internet. DSL or Broadband access is recommended.
- An up-to-date browser with Cookies enabled. See Browser Settings for specific web browser compatibility information.
- Anti-virus software with current updates.
- Word processing software is needed to complete and submit some assignments. Current GSC Students can install Microsoft Office for free from their Go.Granite email login. See the instructions at Office 365 Download and Installation Guide.
- Some courses will require specific software, hardware, plugins or applications. See course syllabus for details. If so, you will typically see a message asking if you want to install the needed software (ex: Java, Flash, Shockwave Player, Windows Media Player, etc.).
- Once enrolled in a course, every student receives a Granite.edu email account. Important communications within your online course will be sent to your Granite.edu email. You can choose to forward these messages to your preferred email account.
Basic Computer Skills Needed:
- Saving and finding files and folders on a computer;
- Copying/cutting and pasting text;
- Using a word processing application, such as Microsoft Word;
- Attaching and uploading documents and assignments;
- Sending and receiving email;
- Using a supported web browser to access your course and other online resources on the Web.
GSC Computer Purchasing Program
Connection Lenovo Purchases - Personal
Go to www.govconnection.com/gscpersonal and click on "First Time User?"
(Returning users should click on "Returning User?")
Complete the "Create Your Free Account" form.
- Enter your information
- Use your Granite.edu email address
- Create a unique password for your Connection account (Note: Do NOT use your GSC password)
- Click Create My Account to agree to the terms of service
To begin shopping, select a group of "Personal Purchases"
(Registered users may create quotes, place orders, manage your Connection account, check order status, view previous purchases, and more.)