Tips to Keep Your System Safe
- Keep a strong password (at least 8 characters that consists of Upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters). See Password Tips.
- Make updating your antivirus software part of your normal routine.
- Periodically run the virus scan.
- Run the Microsoft security updates. (If you see a Yellow shield with a “!” symbol in it, at the bottom right of your screen, it means that there are security updates that need to be applied to your system.)
- Place your PC in Lock mode when you leave your desk. (press Ctrl+Alt+Del, then select “Lock Computer”)
- Avoid Phishing and other email traps.