Kaltura is GSC's private streaming-server (much like YouTube) which allow faculty to add video to their courses and allows students to watch the video as it is downloading.
Do not use the Moodle "Upload media" buttons
To add a video resource with the basic features of Kaltura, you will need to:
- Login to your Moodle course.
- Enable Edit mode.
- Click on the "Add an Activity or Resource" link in your selected module.
- In the popup panel under Resources, select "Kaltura Video Resource" and then click "Add".
- Name your video resource as you would like it to appear in your course.
- In the Video section, click on the "Add Media" button.
- In the pop-up media window, click "Add New" in the upper right, then select "Media Upload" from the dropdown menu. Navigate to your video resource and upload it.
- Follow the steps for adding it to your course. NOTE: It takes about about the same amount of time to process your video as its actual running duration.
Kaltura is integrated into Moodle – so there is no need to login anyplace else to use it. Kaltura is used in much the same way as YouTube – you upload a media file into Kaltura via Moodle, it processes the media into the Kaltura server, then places the video into a player in your course. All of this is done through the Moodle course editing interface.
Review the illustrated PDF guide found in the Kaltura for Instructors page.