H5P is a free and open-source platform that allows individuals to create interactive learning objects that can be shared and reused. And in case you are wondering, H5P stands for HTML5 Package. (Wikipedia)
The college has integrated H5P into Moodle so faculty can easily add an H5P activity right into the course. Activities include games, videos, interactive quizzes and content and more!
Before you begin, you will find it beneficial to complete the Rich Media Video Series in the Faculty Lounge on Moodle. (NOTE: log in is required.)
Ready to begin? To add an H5P activity to a Moodle Course:
- Go to your Moodle course and switch to the edit mode.
- Navigate to the module where you want to add the activity.
- Select the "Add and activity or resource" link.
- Find and select H5P from the list of activities and resources.
- At the next screen, you will be prompted to choose a specific editor depending on the activity you wish to create. For more information about each of the editors, select the "Details" button for that item.
- Once you chosen your editor, will be prompted to select different options based on your specific use case. When you are done, click on the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: GSC has not adopted all of the H5P activity types.
If you would like to discuss your options and identify the best activity for your instrucional needs, please request support from an Instructional Desiger via the IT Help Request form.
Learn more about H5P content creation from the H5P.org website.