Chalk & Wire is the ePortfolio system currently being used by the GSC Graduate Studies. If you are required to use the ePortfolio for one of your courses see information below about activating your account, accessing your ePortfolio and getting help.
To Purchase your Subscription
- Go to GSC’s Bookstore
- Follow instructions for ordering your books for courses in which you are registered.
- The Chalk & Wire subscription will appear as one of the required resources titled as: "ePortfolio with Chalk & Wire (2 Year)".
- Once you have completed the purchase for your Chalk & Wire account, you will be notified by go.granite.edu email with your individual access code. You will need this code when you first log in to Chalk & Wire. SAVE THIS EMAIL, and do not share it with anyone else.
- You will only need to purchase a subscription to Chalk & Wire once for all of your courses. Once your subscription has expired, you will need to renew it at that time.
Q. What is an e-portfolio and why do I need one?
A. Your e-portfolio is a record of your growth as an emerging professional in your chosen field. It will include a combination of artifacts (papers, products, projects, etc.) and personal reflection that you created in your Granite State College MS program, all of which will be considered in preparation for your final Integrative Capstone project.
Q. Do all graduate program students need to purchase an e-portfolio subscription?
A. Yes, Chalk & Wire subscriptions are required for all graduate students. Even non-degree students in that program need to purchase it.
Q. What kind of e-portfolio do I need?
A. GSC uses its own e-portfolio system called Chalk & Wire, which is integrated into your Moodle course activities. You do not need to create a programmatic e-portfolio on your own.
Q. Help! I need technical support for Chalk & Wire?
A. Our IT Team created helpful Chalk & Wire Tutorials and Guides, which include more detail on setting up your account, completing your initial activity, sharing your portfolio, and more. If you have additional technical questions, contact Chalk & Wire Support.
Q. How do I get my Chalk & Wire account?
A. Your Chalk & Wire subscription will be added to your course book purchase at the GSC bookstore. You only need to purchase ONE subscription to cover your needs for your entire graduate studies program. Your subscription lasts for two years.
Q. What am I supposed to put in my e-portfolio?
A. Each course will include e-portfolio activities that will explain what you need to do. You will do your work within your Chalk & Wire e-portfolio account, and then submit your work to your instructor. Please refer to the Start-up Guides for instructions on how to do each of these tasks.
Q. How do I turn in e-portfolio assignments?
A. The only way to submit an assignment in Chalk & Wire is by clicking on the assignment link in your courses, completing the assignments in your Chalk & Wire account, and then submitting it to your instructor within Chalk & Wire.
All Chalk & Wire assignment pages include a Submit button on the upper left side of each assignment page. Use the Submit button according to the instructions in the Chalk & Wire Tutorials and Guides. You do not need to email your assignments to your instructor or send them a separate notification that you have submitted your work.
All assignments in Chalk & Wire are to be submitted to your instructor as the Assessor, unless you have been exlicitly directed to submit to someone else. Your instructor will receive a notification to review your work. You will be notified by go.granite.edu email when your work has been assessed.
Q. Who is looking at my e-portfolio?
A. Your e-portfolio work is 100% private, according to FERPA compliance. Not even your instructors can see your work until you submit it to them. When you reach your Integrative Capstone course, you will share your e-portfolio with your Capstone Advisor. If you choose, you may share your e-portfolio with others by sending them a secure share link - but that is optional and solely up to your discretion.
Q. Can I still access my e-portfolio after it expires?
A. You can continue to access your e-portfolio at no additional cost once the account has expired, but with limited functionality. If your account expires you will still be able to:
- Download your existing files.
- Download clean, paginated PDF versions of any ePortfolio.
- Download HTML website versions of any ePortfolio complete with a visual theme and navigation for local use or placement on other websites.
- Link your ePortfolios automatically to email and social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Securely share your ePortfolios with anyone for comment and review.
If your account expires while you are still an active student at GSC you will be required to renew your account in order to continue uploading and submitting from a full-featured version of Chalk & Wire. See instructions below for renewing your account.
Q. What if my subscription expires, how do I renew it?
A. Your Chalk & Wire subscription lasts for two years as of the date you activate it. When your subscription is near expiring or expires, you can renew it by purchasing the “ePortfolio: Chalk & Wire (1 Year or Semester Renewal)” subscription at the Bookstore. The renewal subscription is listed under your course within the Graduate Studies site. It can also be purchased from other courses listed in the bookstore that are part of your program. Please note:
- Do not purchase a NEW 2 year subscription. It will not grant access to your account. If you have purchased the 2 year subscription by mistake, please contact Chalk & Wire support (look on the upper right corner for the phone number and email address) to obtain the renewal subscription instead.
- Expired Access: If expired, you will continue to be able to view and download your e-portfolios at no additional cost, however you will no longer be able to submit work for your courses, create new ePortfolios or upload files. (See details above.)
Q. What happens after I graduate and no longer have access to the GSC Moodle site?
A. You may continue using your account after graduating until the account expires by going to the external Chalk & Wire login using the password you established when you first activated your account. (Tip: you may have set the same password you used for logging into your online courses.). If it does not work, contact Chalk & Wire support (look on the upper right corner for the phone number and email address).
If you need to renew your account so you are able to upload new content, see instructions above for renewing your account.