Why is the college moving to Canvas?
Canvas is a well-designed, intuitive Learning Management System (LMS) that focuses on saving time and effort, so faculty and students can spend more time on teaching and learning.
The University System of New Hampshire (USNH) recently decided to bring all four institutions onto a single LMS, Canvas, to gain efficiencies and to facilitate cross-institutional collaborations on learning initiatives. It will also make it easier for students who may move from one institution to another.
The Community College System of NH (CCSNH) is already using Canvas. And through a 3-year grant, the NH Department of Education is making Canvas available for K-12 schools through iLearn NH in collaboration with USNH.
So now NH K-20 students will have a common LMS!
What is the timetable for moving to Canvas?
The Graduate Studies courses will be offered in Canvas starting the Spring 2021 term. (This includes the graduate level School of Education courses as well as any Undergraduate/Graduate co-listed courses.)
See the Migration Schedule Overivew (Phase I)
The Undergraduate and School of Education Post-Baccalaureate courses will be offered in Canvas starting the Summer 2021 term. No new courses will be offered in Moodle after the Spring 2021 term.
See the Migration Schedule Overivew (Phase 2)
The following courses will be offered in Canvas for the Spring 2021 Term. All graduate courses will be offered in Canvas plus any Undergraduate/Graduate co-listed courses designated below with **.
- EDU803.1OL: LE: Eval of Teach/Learn (SP21-12WK)
- EDU804.1OL: LE: Dev Supp Prof Culture (SP21-12WK)
- EDU807A.1OL: Capstone I: Leadership Essentl (SP21-12WK)
- EDU807B.1OL: Capstone II:Leadership Essentl (SP21-12WK)
- HLTC802.1OL: Advocacy & Health Policy (SP21-12WK)
- HLTC850.1OH: HCM Integrative Capstone (SP21-12WK)
- **LD605-LD804.1OL: Leading Teams (SP21-12WK)
- LD810.1OL: Change Mgmt & Communication (SP21-12WK)
- LD820.1OH: Cultvtg Leadershp Capabilities (SP21-6WK-A)
- LD821.1OH: Ethical Decision-Making (SP21-6WK-B)
- LD822.1OH: Maximizing Organztns Potential (SP21-6WK-B)
- LD823.1OH: Emergence of Strategic Leader (SP21-6WK-A)
- LD832.1OL: Buildng Diverse & Inclusiv Org (SP21-12WK)
- LD850-MGMT850.1OL: Strategic Leadership & Management Capstone (SP21-12WK)
- MGMT830.1OL: Changing Economics (SP21-12WK)
- **MKTG605-MKTG805.1OL: Marketing for Nonprofits (SP21-12WK)
- NUR802.1OL: Transltng & Integrtng Research (SP21-12WK)
- NUR812.1OL: Interprof Collabrtn Pop Hlth (SP21-12WK)
- NUR817.1OL: Adv Health Assess for Nurse Ed (SP21-12WK)
- NUR850.1OH: Integrative Clinical Capstone (SP21-12WK)
- PM800.1OH: Intro to Project Management (SP21-12WK)
- PM813.1OL: Delivering Business Value (SP21-12WK)
- PM817.1OH: Managing Project Portfolios (SP21-12WK)
- PM819.1OL: Project Quality Management (SP21-12WK)
- PM850.1OH: Project Management Capstone (SP21-12WK)
Can I log into Canvas now?
Yes both faculty and staff can log into Canvas now using the same username and password that you use for Moodle. Just got to MyCourses.granite.edu However if you are not enrolled in a course you will not be able to do much. See next question with some options.
How do I learn more about Canvas?
The college will be providing a variety of training events, drop-in sessions and orientation webinars in the upcoming months.
- Enroll in the Intro to Canvas, self-paced practice course. Self-enroll now. (Login required.)
- Orientation Webinars: Two Canvas orientation sessions will be offered at the start of each term.
- Drop-in Sessions with Tutors: The first week of the term as well as the first week of the 2nd 6-week courses.
- All faculty should find a sandbox course when they log into MyCourses.granite.edu. If you log in but don't find a Sandbox course, you can submit a Canvas Help request. (Login is required.) you will need to log in to submit the help request.
- See the training calendar for upcoming trainings and drop-in sessions. Sandbox courses will be available to faculty for faculty to practice using Canvas.
- Also see Moodle-Canvas Comparison chart.
What kind of support will be provided for technical issues?
In addition to the IT Help Desk support, we are pleased to share that Canvas provides online chat and phone support for system usage questions 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Links to this support is available in the Help menu in Canvas.
When will Moodle be discontinued?
Courses will no longer be offered in Moodle after Spring 2021. Students who need to finish an approved incomplete course, will still be able to log into the spring term course in Moodle.
On December 21, 2021, Moodle will be archived. Faculty and students will no longer have access to Moodle. Access to Moodle will be limited to designated college administrative staff in read-only mode.
What are the technical and browser requirements for Canvas?
See the Canvas guide on Browser and Technical Requirements.
Is there a mobile app that can be used with Canvas?
Yes, in fact there are two: one for instructors and the other for students. To learn more, see the Canvas Mobile Application article.