Granite State College is migrating from the Moodle LMS (Learning Management System) to Canvas.
Starting with the Summer 2021 Term, all courses will be offered in Canvas. The Instructional Design Team along with dedicated IT staff will be moving the courses over to Canvas so much of the content will already be available in your course when you get access.
Faculty can log into Canvas now at https://mycourses.granite.edu All faculty should have a Sandbox course that you experiment with the resources and activities.
If you don't find a Sandbox course in Canvas, you can request a Sandbox course here (Login required. Use your GSC username and password.)
Moodle vs Canvas
While there are similarities between the two LMS, there are some differences which are highlighted on this Side-by-Side Comparsion: Moodle Import to Canvas.
When the courses get migrated to Canvas there are some items that will need your attention such as:
- Moodle Books: This resource type doesn't exist in Canvas. Each page of the Moodle Book will be converted to a single page in Canvas. You may want to consider other options for consolidating your pages to a single file.
- Quizzes: Quizzes imported from Moodle will be imported as a Canvas Classic Quiz.
- Kaltura Video Assignments: Video assignments will not import into Canvas. You will need to reestablish this assignment using the Canvas Kaltura instruction.
- H5P: This resource is integrated into the Moodle gradebook using an LTI plugin. This does not exist in Canvas so you will need to embed the code for your H5P activity in your course. Unfortunately, grades cannot be passed back to your course gradebook.
- Zoom: more coming soom...