Granite State College’s online courses use modules to organizethe course and resources. Below is a sample course layout. Though some courses may differ, they all will have the same basic functionality. See brief explanation of each section below.
Upper Navigation-Quick Links
In the upper navigation you will find quick links to GSC websites and resources.
- My Granite is your gateway to GSC’s student resources. You will find important notices, resources and other services offered to GSC learners.
- GSC Library features library quick links, research databases, news from the library, access to LibGuides and an “Ask the Librarian” option.
- WebRock to register for classes, verify your course selection and schedule, pay your bill, check your financial status, view your final grades, and order your official GSC transcript.
- IT Support & Resource get direct assistance or access resources to resolve technology related issues or logging into GSC systems including: Moodle, Zoom and Turnitin.
- Go.Granite Email links to your official GSC email login page
Main Course & Blocks
Click on the image below to see it in full view
- Menu: You can access your grades in the Administration block found in the Menu.
- User Account Info: edit your profile and preference settings, access all grades and messages or Log out. See Profile Page.
- Breadcrumbs: Use these links to access previously visited pages.
BLOCKS : These can be expanded or rolled-up using the + or - button.
- Announcements: Posted by the instructor.
- Instructor: provides students with the instructor’s contact information.
- Activities: lists and allows navigation between the different activities available in your course (Forums, Quizzes, Assignments, Checklists and so forth).
- Navigation: includes Site News, Site pages and My courses. Select My courses to reveal a direct link to all your courses.
- Research Help: includes links to the Library and login information to access the databases of full-text articles.
- Messages: in Moodle are similar to using Instant Messaging (IM) that facilitates real-time communication when you are in your course. If the contact isn't available, messages are pushed out to the Go.Granite email.
The actual course content is organized into modules in the main section of your course. A module generally represents a week of learning and engagement in your online course.
Each Module includes:
- Module Name and Dates
- Read, Review, Watch generally includes the content of the course, such as readings, web sites to review, videos to watch and more.
- Activities generally include items to be assessed, such as discussion forums, assignments, quizzes and exams, and more.