You can set your preferences for your Moodle account via the Account Settings drop-down menu. Select Preferences.
There are many options available. The most important ones are found under User Accounts:
- Forum preferences: including notifications, auto-subscribe to forums and tracking.
- Messaging: many settings for how you are notified of new activity as well as an option to forward notifications to a different email account.
There are preferences you can set that will be the default across all of your courses in Moodle. The ones marked with ** are the recommended settings. :
- Email Digest Type: This is the daily digest setting that forums will use by default.
- No digest - you will receive one e-mail per forum post;
- ** Digest - complete posts - you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing the complete contents of each forum post;
- Digest - subjects only - you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing just the subject of each forum post.
- You can also choose a different setting for each forum if you wish.
- Forum Auto-subscribe: There is no recommended setting. In either case, you have the option for setting your preference for each forum in your course via the Forums link in the Activity Block.
- Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion.
- No: don't automatically subscribe me to forum discussions.
- Forum Tracking:
- ** Yes: highlight new posts for me.
- No: don't keep track of posts I have seen.
When you open the Messaging preferences panel, you will see several actions or activities that will prompt a notification to you. You can determine whether you get these notifications by pop-up message (whether online or offline) or via email. You may chose to have pop-up and/or email or none at all. Check the boxes accordingly.
By default, notifications by email will be sent to your Go.Granite email. If you prefer, you can have notifications sent to a different email by entering your preferred email at the bottom of the list.
When you are done, be sure to select the Save changes button at the bottom of the screen.