You can set your preferences for your Moodle account via the Account Settings drop-down menu. Select Preferences.
There are many options available. The most important ones are found under User Accounts:
- Forum preferences: including email digest type, auto-subscribe to forums and tracking.
- Message preferences: determine whether messages get pushed to your email when you are online (logged into Moodle) and/or offline (not logged into Moodle).
- Notification preferences: a robust list of options to determine how you are notified when you are online and offline. You can also choose to receive the notifications in Moodle and/or via email.
See details below for each these preference options.
There are preferences you can set that will be the default across all of your courses in Moodle. The ones marked with ** are the recommended settings. :
- Email Digest Type: This is the daily digest setting that forums will use by default.
- No digest - you will receive one e-mail per forum post;
- ** Digest - complete posts - you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing the complete contents of each forum post;
- Digest - subjects only - you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing just the subject of each forum post.
- You can also choose a different setting for each forum if you wish.
- Forum Auto-subscribe: There is no recommended setting. In either case, you have the option for setting your preference for each forum in your course via the Forums link in the Activity Block.
- Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion.
- No: don't automatically subscribe me to forum discussions.
- Forum Tracking:
- ** Yes: highlight new posts for me.
- No: don't keep track of posts I have seen.
- When sending forum post notifications:
- Mark the post as read.
- **Do no mark the post as read.
You can set your message preferences if you want messaged pushed to your email account when you are online (logged into Moodle) and/or when you are offline (logged out of Moodle.)
You can set your notification preferences for several different types of activities in Moodle.
- For each activity, you have the option for notifications to be sent to the Web and/or to email. The "web" refers to notifications shown in Moodle in the upper navigation indicated by the bell icon.
- You can also set your preferences for when you or online and offline.