To edit your Profile Page:
- Go to the User drop-down menu found next to your name in the upper right.
- Select Edit profile
Recommended Profile Page Settings:
- First name*: You can edit your first name.
- Surname*: Your last name cannot be edited. If you have had a legal name change, please contact the GSC Registrar for information on changing your name.
- Email address: The email address used in Moodle is your go.granite.edu email address. Important: this email address will be your official GSC address. For more information on accessing or forwarding your Go.Granite email to your preferred email, go to http://it.granite.edu/email.
- Email display:
This controls the visibility of the address to others, allowing you to show or hide your email in the class. Choose one of the three options:
- Allow only other course members to see my email address (recommended)
- Hide my email address from everyone
- Allow everyone to see my email address. (This includes all users in eLearning+.)
- City/town* and Select a country*: Insert your location, if you would like.
- Timezone: America/New_York
This field is used to convert time-related messages on the system (such as assignment deadlines) from the default Moodle timezone to the correct time in whichever zone you have selected.
- Description: To add a Description, type in the Description box. The Description box is a great place to put your biographical information. Remember everyone on GSC's Moodle system is able to see your profile.
* These are required fields.
To add a picture to your profile:
Scroll down to User picture, as below. Simply drag your picture file into the box as indicated by the arrow.
There are other fields you may fill in on the bottom of the Profile Page such as list of interests, webpage, phone, etc. Be sure to use good judgment in sharing your personal information.
When done, make sure you click the Update Profile button to save your changes.
For more information, see Edit profile on Moodle.org.