Blackboard Collaborate, GSC’s Virtual Classroom
Granite State College uses Blackboard Collaborate as its live virtual class (web-conferencing) tool. This allows you and your instructor to do real-time interaction using a variety of collaboration tools. In order to make sure your computer is set up properly, please follow these steps in advance of your first session (recommended 24 hours).
Important ~ make sure to do the following:
- We recommend using Firefox as your browser. Click here to download the latest version of Firefox.
- Please click here to download the latest version of Java.
- Note: After you upload the latest versions, make sure to "Restart" your computer.
Next steps ~ it's as easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Check your System Requirements
Click link to check your operating system and Java version: Operating System and Java Check.
Note: Make sure you get 2 green checks. This confirms that you have a supported operating system and the latest version of Java installed for Blackboard Collaborate.
- Configuring your System
Click link to test your connections and audio and microphone settings: Test Connections and Audio.
Note: When joining a Blackboard Collaborate session you may see a yellow security warning band on the top of your screen, click on it and choose “Download File”. A security dialog box will then come up, click "Run" to open the configuration room. If you have a computer microphone, complete the microphone audio test. If you do not have a microphone, you will have the option to interact with text chat.
Once in the Configuration Room, follow these steps:
- Click on Tools/click Audio/click Audio Setup Wizard/select your Audio Output Device/click OK/click Play to listen to recording/click Stop/click Yes.
- To test your Microphone/click OK/click the Record Button-speak clearly to test it/click Stop/click Play to listen/click Stop button/click Yes to confirm/click OK. (If you don’t have a microphone, then you don’t have to do this step.)
- Close your Configuration Room screen. You have successfully completed your Set-up.
- Connect to Blackboard Collaborate
Your instructor will provide a link to your classroom. You should log into the classroom about 10 minutes prior to your session. When prompted, enter your name. (This name will appear when you enter the Bb Collaborate class.)
Participant Resource Links
- Bb Collaborate Participants Quick Reference Guide
- Bb Collaborate Participant Orientation video
- Click here for Bb Collaborate Technical Support
Moderator Room Request Form
Bb Collaborate Room Request Form - Please click the button below to reserve a classroom session.
|You will need to provide the date and time of your session as well as your email address. You should receive a confirmation email within 2 business days with the URL for your Bb Collaborate session. You will need to provide this URL to the participants either via email or as a link in your online course. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.|