How to Create a Forum
A forum is an activity where students and teachers can exchange ideas by posting comments. A forum can contribute significantly to successful communication and community building in an online environment.
To create a forum:
|1. Make sure that you have Turned editing on.|
2. Go to the appropriate Topic or Week and select Add an activity - Forum.
3. Fill in the Forum name and Forum introduction and choose the appropriate settings. Important settings are noted below.
There are 5 forum types:
- A single simple discussion - A single discussion topic which everyone can reply to
- Each person posts one discussion - Each student can post exactly one new discussion topic, which everyone can then reply to
- Q and A forum - Students must first post their perspectives before viewing other students' posts
- Standard forum displayed in a blog-like format - An open forum where anyone can start a new discussion at any time, and in which discussion topics are displayed on one page with "Discuss this topic" links
- Standard forum for general use - An open forum where anyone can start a new discussion at any time
|Single Simple Discussion
||Each person posts one discussion
Q and A forum
|| Forum in blog-like format
||Standard forum for general use