What: An automatic block to display information about the instructor in the sidebar of a course.
Why: This block draws information from your Moodle Profile so you need only enter data once, and presents it in a consistent format for all courses. This block is configured to automatically display information for anyone with an Instructor role in the course.
How: The instructor block is automatically displayed in all courses.
- Click on your picture or your name in your “Instructor” block.
- Click “Full profile”.
- To edit the contents of your “Instructor” block, click “Edit profile” in the “Administration” block on the left.
- To ensure that students can see your email, be sure “Email display” is set to “Allow only other course members to see my email address” or “Allow everyone to see my email address.”
- You may share biographical information, including links to websites, in the “Description” area.
- Your phone number and other contact information can be entered in the “Optional” section near the bottom of the profile page.
Note: Your “go.granite” email address will be used. Be sure to forward this to another address if you don’t check your “go.granite” account regularly.