When students drop from a course their role changes from active to suspended. This process will happen automatically when a student officially drops or withdraws from a course.
Suspended students will appear grayed out in the gradebook with a pause icon next to the student's name. The student's grading history will remain in the course for future reference especially in the case of a petition.
Show Only Active Users
If you prefer to hide these suspended accounts, you can change this in your gradebook preferences to show only active users.
- Go to the Gradebook and select the Setup tab.
- Select the Preferences: Grader Report tab.
- Scroll down to the General section and select the arrow to roll out the preference options.
- Change the Show only active enrollments option from No to Yes.
- Click on the Save changes button.
When you go back to view your gradebook, you will only see the active students. You can change your preferences at any time should you want to see inactive users in the future, you can follow the same steps and change the Yes to No in step 4.
Note: your gradebook preferences are set as the user level and therefore will carry over to all courses in Moodle.