What is a Browser?
A web browser is software that allows you to access websites and resources on the World Wide Web. Common browsers are Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
To check your browser type and version complete this: Web Browser Check
The following browsers are compatible with Moodle, but you may have some compatibility issues.
- Chrome: recent version recommended
- Internet Explorer (IE): 9 or later (IE 10 is needed for drag and drop of files into Moodle)
- Opera: 9 or later
- Safari: 6 or later
- IE may cause problems with file downloads, running errors, assignment completion, levels of interactivity using discussion board forums, and creating and editing content.
- Older versions of Firefox may not display all PDFs or videos properly.We recommend that you use the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Opera does not show built-in html editor (WYSIWYG) in Moodle.
- Safari does not show built-in html editor (WYSIWYG) in Moodle. Chat tool does not always work properly.